• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bluestar

bluestar

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Maryland Eastern Shore

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

It's been a while since using the Denkmier binoviewer...due to family and work demands I've been forced to rely on one-eyed quick looks only.

Setting up the binoviewer this week I'm having a hard time merging the images. I know about "training eyes" to get used to these but I'm coming away watery-eyed and head ached...I can't have gotten THAT much out of practice could I? A while ago during observatory cleaning these dropped on the floor but appeared undamaged on the outside. Holding the viewers overhead, out of the diagonal and peering up the nosepiece at the moon shows TWO images whether I look with 2 eyes or squint with only one.

Sound like these got misaligned in the drop? Anyone know how Denkmier is re service/repair?

Thanks for advice.

#2 George9

George9

Messenger

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

A fall to the floor can definitely misalign them without any external damage. You need to call Russ and arrange for them to be realigned. There are some things you can adjust at home, but I would want them to check them out anyway. I forget the charge. Maybe $50.

George

#3 johnnyha

johnnyha

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

Russ does an excellent job of service and repair.

#4 bluestar

bluestar

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Maryland Eastern Shore

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Thanks...talked to Russ on the phone and got instructions for his shipping/service...disassemble, clean, collimate, tweek, align, test...the works. Whole shebang for a hair under $100. Turns out he's just down the road a piece so turnaround time looks great...I could almost drop them off at his address. :bow:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics