• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 foste1cc

foste1cc

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Armada, MI

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hey everyone. I was just wondering if any of you know of cheap motor focuser that will fit and work well with a Celestron SCT Nexstar 8SE. I see that celestron makes an electronic motor focuser made specially for this telescope but costs $180. I see that orion and a couple others make much cheaper focusers. Do any of you know of cheaper focusers that will work for me?? I can't stand the shaking/vibrations anymore!! thanks in advance guys!

#2 Dwight J

Dwight J

Apollo

• Loc: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

I recommend JMI motofocus. New they are a bit pricey but they often come up for sale used. I believe I saw at least one in the CN classifieds.

#3 A. Viegas

A. Viegas

Apollo

• Loc: New York City/ CT

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

I have a JMI motofocus and an older celestron motofocus. I bought them both used for $65-$85 each. I use them with shoestring FCUSB which allows me to control them from indoors. They work great. Post a wanted add here in CN in the classifieds or in the swap area. They come up often as users upgrade to higher end focusing hardware,

Al

#4 foste1cc

foste1cc

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Armada, MI

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys! I really appreciate it being new on here and a new astronomer! I'll be sure to check out the CN classified and see what I can find

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics