Any suggested soundtracks for viewing?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Michael Rapp

Michael Rapp

Gemini

• Loc: Dickinson, TX

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

When I'm out at my dark site, I typically don't listen to music, preferring the sound of the night (which is about half crickets and half other observers complaining/exclaiming that they cannot find/just found an Arp object).

However, when I observe from home, my neighbors to the north and west each have The-Dog-That-Will-Not-Shut-Up, so music is a necessity.

On my iPhone I have the two-disc set of the Music of COSMOS. (Wow, glad I bought it in 2000 when it came out for about $40. Selling for nearly $300 at Amazon now!) I also have a subscription to the Hearts of Space broadcasts (there's an iPhone app), which is nice as my local public radio station stopped carrying the program.

#27 coopman

coopman

Gemini

• Loc: South Louisiana

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Steve Roach, Erik Wollo, Jon Serrie

#28 Crow Haven

Crow Haven

Apollo

• Loc: Oregon USA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Often though, the best music is the music of the night, the silence of the night. I love hearing coyotes howl and snap. The fly over by bats or owls is cool. I also enjoy the sound of the birds that fly around in the night and the insects.

This is my music of choice, while observing! I love just hearing the sounds around me, geese, loons, coyotes, and even cattle from quite a long distance away. I do love listening to music, just not while observing. :)

+1 :grin: Although I'll often listen to music while in the warm room (currently have on the soundtrack to the film "Paul" which is fun) I find music distracting when observing.
---Maya

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics