•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Any suggested soundtracks for viewing?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Michael Rapp

Michael Rapp

Soyuz

• Loc: Dickinson, TX

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

When I'm out at my dark site, I typically don't listen to music, preferring the sound of the night (which is about half crickets and half other observers complaining/exclaiming that they cannot find/just found an Arp object).

However, when I observe from home, my neighbors to the north and west each have The-Dog-That-Will-Not-Shut-Up, so music is a necessity.

On my iPhone I have the two-disc set of the Music of COSMOS. (Wow, glad I bought it in 2000 when it came out for about $40. Selling for nearly $300 at Amazon now!) I also have a subscription to the Hearts of Space broadcasts (there's an iPhone app), which is nice as my local public radio station stopped carrying the program.

#27 coopman

coopman

Soyuz

• Loc: South Louisiana

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Steve Roach, Erik Wollo, Jon Serrie

#28 Crow Haven

Crow Haven

Gemini

• Loc: S.Oregon Coast USA

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Often though, the best music is the music of the night, the silence of the night. I love hearing coyotes howl and snap. The fly over by bats or owls is cool. I also enjoy the sound of the birds that fly around in the night and the insects.

This is my music of choice, while observing! I love just hearing the sounds around me, geese, loons, coyotes, and even cattle from quite a long distance away. I do love listening to music, just not while observing. :)

+1 :grin: Although I'll often listen to music while in the warm room (currently have on the soundtrack to the film "Paul" which is fun) I find music distracting when observing.
---Maya

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics