Photo

Tele View 2.5x Powermate & T-ring adapter....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ponz

ponz

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Kansas City, MO

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

...on the way.

Althought I purchased my SkyWatcher Pro 80ED & ATLAS for deep space AP, I've decided to get some decent viewing in first.

So......I also have a better 11mm eyepiece on the way.

My comment/question:

I read somewhere that when a DSLR is placed behind/on the TeleView, focus might be difficult to achieve without an extender of some type.

I'd like to get some decent shots of the moon to wet my feet.

Ponz

#2 John Rhodes

John Rhodes

Vendor (Televue Rep)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Torrance, CA.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Ponz,
This is an issue with most refractors where you remove the diagonal and try to shoot through the main tube.
I you remove the diagonal and insert the Powermate the "field" lens is too far into the scope is achieve focus,
it is actually better to insert the Powermate/DSLR right into the diagonal as the Powermate is acting like an eyepiece and focus as you normally would.
If you remove the diagonal then you need to make up the difference of about 3 to 4 inches of light path depending on your
specific diagonal using an extension of some sort.

#3 ponz

ponz

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Ponz,
This is an issue with most refractors where you remove the diagonal and try to shoot through the main tube.
I you remove the diagonal and insert the Powermate the "field" lens is too far into the scope is achieve focus,
it is actually better to insert the Powermate/DSLR right into the diagonal as the Powermate is acting like an eyepiece and focus as you normally would.
If you remove the diagonal then you need to make up the difference of about 3 to 4 inches of light path depending on your
specific diagonal using an extension of some sort.

Thanks John:
Received the TeleView and attched the camera and TC directly to the diagonal.

Shooting a tree down the street provides poor results. The pic is far from being sharp and needless to say does not fill the frame. The exposure is circular.

What am I missing?

Ponz

#4 REC

REC

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: NC

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Ponz...here is a shot taken with the 2.5x, T-ring adapter. I placed it directly into the diagonal of my SCT and DSLR.

Bob

Attached Files

#5 ponz

ponz

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

OK - My Sony a900 full frame has quite a bit of mirror slap. Miror lockup sees to help quite a bit, but I'm still not satis fied with the results.

I'd like the fist pic I post to be a decent one of the moon - if the skies ever clear!

Ponz

#6 ponz

ponz

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Ponz...here is a shot taken with the 2.5x, T-ring adapter. I placed it directly into the diagonal of my SCT and DSLR.

Bob

Thanks Bob - That looks pretty good. Are sharper results possible with this setup?

Ponz

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics