• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 XwarpfactorX

XwarpfactorX

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: California

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

After viewing the conjunction, the seeing was decent enough to do some planetary imaging. C10NGT, NexImage 5, 2x barlow. 450 frames stacked in Registax.

Posted Image

#2 salientbunny

salientbunny

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Southeast Georgia, US

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Nice pic, thanks for sharing.

#3 markseibold

markseibold

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Portland Oregon

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Very nice image!
I knew I was seeing the Great Red Spot in the SEB while I photographed roughly with a camera over my 32mm plossl eyepiece on my old 10.1 inch Coulter Odyssey Dobsonian. I was wondering if your image is reversed as showing the GRS rotating to the right nearing the planetary discs edge or is it emerging from that edge? Thanks for any info. Also what is the scope that you used? Is that the name C10NGT? That is a Celestron 10" Cassegrain? Thanks again for posting,
-Mark

#4 XwarpfactorX

XwarpfactorX

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: California

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:51 AM

Very nice image!
I knew I was seeing the Great Red Spot in the SEB while I photographed roughly with a camera over my 32mm plossl eyepiece on my old 10.1 inch Coulter Odyssey Dobsonian. I was wondering if your image is reversed as showing the GRS rotating to the right nearing the planetary discs edge or is it emerging from that edge? Thanks for any info. Also what is the scope that you used? Is that the name C10NGT? That is a Celestron 10" Cassegrain? Thanks again for posting,
-Mark

Mark, the C10NGT is a Celestron 10" Newtonian mounted on the advanced series CG-5. Not exactly optimal for imaging, but it works decent for solar system astrophotography. In the image the GRS is rotating away toward the right limb.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics