El SOL ( Sun ) from Jan/19/2013

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aboy

Aboy

Ranger 4

• Loc: Thousand Oaks, CA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hello There here is the Sun from Saturday January 19.

I took it with My Imagesing Source camera, my TV Pronto with a Coronado Solarmax II 60 Filter, edit with Registax 6 and PS6.

hope you guys like it.

Posted Image

#2 Aboy

Aboy

Ranger 4

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I guess not. No body like it.. XDD

#3 MrMxyzptlk

MrMxyzptlk

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Don't be so sure. I really like it. What about some capture data? Color imaging source camera or monochrome? Is it a mosaic?

#4 Aboy

Aboy

Ranger 4

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

I used my TeleVue Pronto with 480 of Focal length, with a H-alpha Solar filter Coronado SolarMax II 60mm with RichView Tuning. The data was taking with a Imaging Source DMK 51AU02.AS Monochromatic CCD Camera took 5000 Frames at 12 FPS at 1600 x 1200 pixels of Resolution. Is more or less a mosaic because I took 2 Videos, one for the Surface with low expose and one for the flares over-expose to bring the flares show up; at the end both was more or less 10 GBS of Data.

I Used Registax 6 to Stack all Frames and edit some details and Photoshop CS6 to Color it and refine the detail.

Here The RAW Data from The surface:

Posted Image

Here the RAW Data of the Flares of the Sun:

Posted Image

Here a picture of Photoshop Editing:

Posted Image

Hope This info help to answer your question.

#5 ToxMan

ToxMan

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Tucson, Arizona, USA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Superb image. Like the proms. I think you find more feedback on your image if you post it at the solar forum. Us planetary guys will just keep going around it.

#6 MvZ

MvZ

Surveyor 1

• Loc: The Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Nice image, lots of detail. But perhaps a bit harsh. If you do wavelets in Registax 6, I would tone down (a lot) on the larger wavelet sliders. Subtle detail often appears much nicer (and if you look a bit longer, you'll see the same features anyway, but less burned out)

I was wondering about the recording of the surface. Often you can see the Flares on that recording already (if you use the correct camera settings, so neutral gamma and absolutely no clipping in the darker areas!!!).

The dynamic range of a properly stacked image is huge, using separate exposures might not be needed at all (and might actually give worse results, because longer exposures are more blurry and also more difficult to stack properly!)

(also, give AutoStakkert!2 a go ;))

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics