Eq mount load capacity.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 andysea

andysea

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

You don't need the adatri if you get the RM tripod. Mine came with the right base to fit the Mach1. I think the cost of the tripod was around 700 bucks or so. You just need to tell Rob that you're going to use it for the Mach1.

#27 orlyandico

orlyandico

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Singapore

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

hi andy,
didn't know that. the quote to me was 985 including shipping to Singapore (about 150 i think). you can take off 195 if you don't get the levelers.

#28 Calypte

Calypte

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Anza, California

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

There is no standard for payload ratings. Roland's rating of 45 lbs for the A-P Mach1GTO is for imaging. For the others, who knows? My G11 is "rated" for 60 lbs, compared to 45 lbs for my Mach1GTO. But the Mach1GTO easily carries more (for my purposes) than the G11. If you have an observatory that shields the mount from wind, you can probably get away with more than you can with a portable set-up. But I suspect we wouldn't have this discussion if the OP had an observatory.

#29 mmalik

mmalik

DSLR camera modifications

• Vendors
  • Loc: USA

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Google can point to all the information needed

What are we doing at CN then :), would help if you could please point to specific product/parts pages. Thx

#30 Motokid600

Motokid600

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Berlin, New Jersey

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Thanks mmalik for the info there. Some really good stuff i should consider. But.. as far as an OTA goes. Yea im looking at all types. My C11 will do for now, but yes eventually id like to get something REALLY nice. The thing is i do mainly narrow field imaging. Planetarys... planets and galaxies. Ive tried wide field imaging. ( I do have an AT72ED ) But living in a yellow zone my light pollution does take its toll. Granted ive yet to get myself an LP filter so id imagine that'd help some. I need a scope that can do it all and i imagine an APO with just as much focal length as my C11 will cost just as much as this Mach1 if not more. ( Although you do indeed get what you pay for )

#31 jrcrilly

jrcrilly

Refractor wienie no more

• Administrators
  • Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 27 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

i imagine an APO with just as much focal length as my C11 will cost just as much as this Mach1 if not more.

Much, much more. The only 11" F/10 apo refractor I can think of sells for over 100,000 Euros. At 130 pounds and, of course, being nearly 3 meters long it would require an impressive mount. I don't know if an AP-3600 would handle it. At those focal lengths you will want to stick with a Cass variant. Excellent Cass variants exist if you want to get away from an SCT, though.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics