•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Losmandy counterweight query

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mike C

Mike C

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cornwall, UK

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Does anyone know whether any readily-available counterweights are compatible with the Losmandy G11, i.e. for mounts with the same shaft diameter?

I would like to obtain another 5-10kg due to the acquisition of a new 'scope, but have experienced long waits (no pun intended :)) for Losmandy equipment in the UK.

Apologies if this has been covered before, as I'm sure it must. I did spend some time searching.

Thanks and regards,

#2 terry59

terry59

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Colorado, USA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

Right here...although here is in the U.S.

#3 Mike C

Mike C

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Thanks, Terry. That's an option - I see they ship internationally.

Regards,

#4 DaveJ

DaveJ

Vanguard

• Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Does anyone know whether any readily-available counterweights are compatible with the Losmandy G11, i.e. for mounts with the same shaft diameter? Apologies if this has been covered before, as I'm sure it must. I did spend some time searching.

The counterweights for the CGE, CGE Pro and CGEM DX all fit the same shaft diameter as the Losmandy G11. I had a G11, CGE and CGEM DX all at the same time and all counterweights were interchangeable - all fitting a 1.25" diameter counterweight shaft. The CGEM DX counterweights are 22lbs (10kg)

#5 Mike C

Mike C

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

That's great news! Thanks, Dave.

Regards,

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics