• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: SW Florida

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

I am trying to understand something about the DMD-1 (not the DD-1!) controller. I have an MD-6 controller, and it basically only has a 16x slew in the ra movement direction and a stop button in the reverse direction. Now with this DMD-1, I have full speeds working in the RA directions, but when I push the reverse, it just stops. Is this the correct operation for this controller, or should it properly reverse the motor? I have read on some earlier threads that it may not move in reverse. Just trying to understand it and would appreciate any feedback from someone who has a properly working DMD-1 controller or the manual explaining what it should do.
Brian

#2 Reid W

Reid W

Vostok 1

• Loc: Shreveport, LA

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

I have the DMD-2 which is the dual axis version.

Yes, the left button stops/pauses the RA drive. If you want to reverse direction temporarily, then change the direction switch, then slew with the right button.

Now, my DMD-2 operates very well with 9V power, by either using the 6 "C" battery pack, or a 9V DC adapter. The currently available 12V Vixen AC adapter caused my DMD-2 drive to not operate at all and my DD1 drive to stutter.

#3 ccs_hello

ccs_hello

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

... the left button stops/pauses the RA drive ...

In slowest setting, that is correct. The Earth's rotation does the "reverse" for you automagically :) :) . It's free and it's green!

Clear Skies!

ccs_hello

#4 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

Thanks Reid, that is what I do with the MD-6 as it has the separate 16x button for forward only.
With the DMD-1, you have speed control switch, the directions switch and the buttons, so this was confusing. They should have labeled it stop, not an arrow!
Brian

#5 Reid W

Reid W

Vostok 1

• Loc: Shreveport, LA

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Glad it worked out. If you go to google images and search dmd-2, the third hit shows the left button labeled "stop". If only Harbor Freight Tools had a $2.00 labeler, I'd get one.

#6 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

DMD-1's had the arrow.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics