Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:37 AM
Am I correct in believing that the ASI120MM camera has the same (or very close) chip size as the Skynyx 2.0 camera?
Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:49 AM
Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:41 AM
Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:52 AM
Mike, I have two Flea3's so moving to another camera right now isn't in the cards...but I'm definitely curious as well how the Flea and 120 compare.
Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:06 PM
- The smaller pixel size eliminates all the spacers needed with the TV5XPM to fill the chip. Much shorter imaging train, more sturdy.
- I don't need to mess with firewire.
- The noise levels are fantastic.
- It captures a LOT of data very quickly. 1 RGB run creates over 3GB of data with 30 second runs in each channel.
- I can capture at much higher FPS and still get solid results.
- Comes with a wide angle lens.
- Does an awesome job on deep space targets as well.
Just my preference, but the 120 is an awesome cam for a great price.
I am also blown away by how well the data holds up to upscaling.
Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:57 PM
Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:09 PM
Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:34 PM
I guess the faster FL's are what allow me to shoot at such a higher FPS. Cant wait to try this thing out on Saturn.
Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:11 PM