• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sami

Sami

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

I picked up a Chinese security camera in the local Chinese Mall. The camera is labeled CPhilex or Philex model number PH624-G3S3 and as labeled has a color 1/3 in. Sony Super Had CCD II sensor. Me and my daughter Marie attached the camera to TMB 92ss on vixen GPD2 Mount fitted with ioptron GOTO nova kit. The mount in controled by a program I wrote running on linux on a Toshiba notebook. The camera was connected to a 16 in led TV by an RJ59 (70 homs) cable.
The sky was highly polluted but the results were very interesting. The attached picture was taken by a mobile phone as it appeared on the TV.

Sami

Attached Files

#2 Sami

Sami

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

Another picture

#3 Sami

Sami

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

Another picture, me Marie, telescope, mount and part of the notebook

Sami

Attached Files

#4 Sami

Sami

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

This picture shown Marie and the TV. The image of the moon is over exposed, All picture were taken with a cell phone

Sami

Attached Files

#5 mattflastro

mattflastro

Vendor - Astrovideo Systems

• -----
  • Loc: Brevard County , FL

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I picked up a Chinese security camera in the local Chinese Mall. The camera is labeled CPhilex or Philex model number PH624-G3S3 and as labeled has a color 1/3 in. Sony Super Had CCD II sensor. Me and my daughter Marie attached the camera to TMB 92ss on vixen GPD2 Mount fitted with ioptron GOTO nova kit. The mount in controled by a program I wrote running on linux on a Toshiba notebook. The camera was connected to a 16 in led TV by an RJ59 (70 homs) cable.
The sky was highly polluted but the results were very interesting. The attached picture was taken by a mobile phone as it appeared on the TV.

Sami

Looks good, I'm surprised the image isn't washed out or saturated given that it's a photo of an LCD taken with a phone and the subject is super high contrast . Do you have a website for the camera manufacturer or reseller?

#6 Sami

Sami

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

I was surprised myself. The picture on the TV was really good. The TV itself is also a Chinese brand and is 16 in LED HD system with inputs, outputs and usb also. The pictures were taken with a Samsung Note II phone.
Could not find a web site for the camera, it has some instructions and specifications: the CCD sensor is stated as 1/3 in SONY 638BK, resolution of 600TV Lines, SNR >48dB(AGC off) and the sensitivity 0.1 Lux/F1.2. It has a lot of options but I left all at default for now. The price was less that US$100.0. I shall input some pictures of this camera,

Sami

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics