Photo

Anyone know when eyepiececaps.com will be back?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 smallscopefanLeo

smallscopefanLeo

Ranger 4

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

I have been meaning to get caps ( http://www.cloudynig...hp?item_id=1616 ) from them for a while, put it off, and was just finally now getting around to ordering a gaggle of 'em, only to be foiled by this message:
"our online store is currently closed for maintenance.
Please visit us again soon."

Is this another case in which I snoozed for too long on an astro-purchase, and can now administer a self-kick? :thinking:

#2 DaveJ

DaveJ

Surveyor 1

• Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

I have been meaning to get caps ( http://www.cloudynig...hp?item_id=1616 ) from them for a while, put it off, and was just finally now getting around to ordering a gaggle of 'em, only to be foiled by this message:
"our online store is currently closed for maintenance. Please visit us again soon." Is this another case in which I snoozed for too long on an astro-purchase, and can now administer a self-kick? :thinking:

Did you try emailing Gavin at sales@eyepiececaps.com ? I'd give that a try. My last order with him was on 10/25/2012. I ordered five T-thread caps for $8.00. I got an email from him on 10/31/2012 stating "Just to let you know that it may be a few days before I can ship your caps. I live on the New Jersey shore where Hurricane Sandy has caused widespread disruption. Most towns are currently without power and the post offices are closed. I'll let you know when they ship." They arrived on 11/5/12 via USPS. Perhaps the maintenance he mentions on his site has something to do with that? Just thinking out loud here. :shrug:

#3 smallscopefanLeo

smallscopefanLeo

Ranger 4

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Thanks for the info, Dave. I'll just send an email like you said. (I didn't want to be a pest, but now that I think of it that's kind of silly.)

#4 Lane

Lane

Soyuz

• -----
  • Loc: Frisco, Texas

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

OPT sells eyepiece caps just like the ones that come with eyepieces.

#5 CJK

CJK

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Northeast TN

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

OPT sells eyepiece caps just like the ones that come with eyepieces.

Agena also has a big selection.

-- Chris

#6 smallscopefanLeo

smallscopefanLeo

Ranger 4

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Thanks guys I will check the other sources out as well. :waytogo:

#7 Brian Risley

Brian Risley

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: SW Florida

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Bill Vorce at Telescope Warehouse has started carrying a variety of caps as well.
Also, check Surplus Shed, found nice 1.25 orange plugs there cheap.
Brian

#8 smallscopefanLeo

smallscopefanLeo

Ranger 4

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hi just wanted to update, Gavin emailed me back the other day to let me know that the store is back up and running and he'll be ready to ship them out next week. Thanks guys here for your replies and tips, I can never have enough eyepiece caps. I will be placing my first eyepiececaps order soon, these will be in addition to the horde I have acquired from a gentleman on the mart across the web and the ones I will keep acquiring from those sources mentioned above. Wish me luck :grin:

#9 csrlice12

csrlice12

Voyager 1

• Loc: Denver, CO

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

Letsee, first it was Naglers, then it was used eyepiece boxes, now it's eyepiece caps?????

I got a 2" one thats an inny/outie and says Televue on it; and the starting bid is....... :lol:

...or is this a fiendish plot to corner the eyepiece cap market???????

Oh, and I've found, if you get to a dark site before dark, there are eyepiece caps "litterly" giving themselves away. They're out there shamelessly showing everything they have; waiting for someone to come by and pick them up.....

#10 csa/montana

csa/montana

Den Mama

• Loc: montana

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

One can never have too many eyepiece caps. :whistle:

#11 smallscopefanLeo

smallscopefanLeo

Ranger 4

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

One can never have too many eyepiece caps. :whistle:

That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest.
-Henry David Thoreau :rockon:

#12 smallscopefanLeo

smallscopefanLeo

Ranger 4

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Oh, and I've found, if you get to a dark site before dark, there are eyepiece caps "litterly" giving themselves away. They're out there shamelessly showing everything they have; waiting for someone to come by and pick them up.....

Those poor sweet caps, they need homes :bawling:

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics