Photo

NB Targets

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SKYGZR

SKYGZR

Viking 1

• Loc: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Speeding towards the Virgo Supercluster

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Eventually, plan to take NB plunge. Already have, HA and 0III filters. EOS clip in and 2" mounted of each.

Am wondering if there is listings somewhere of what objects are best for each? ie; would the Veil Complex be best w/ the HA, or 0III?, or perhaps each?.. what about the Orion area?, NA Nebula?..etc...

Would be nice to know prior to wasting/spending the time to acquire, and find out should have used the other wavelength.

#2 zerro1

zerro1

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Smokey Point , 48.12°N 122.25°W Elevation:512 ft

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Well you're going to spend a lot of time with OIII no matter wich target you are after. It requires much longer subs and more of them than Ha.
Here is a link to some OIII of Orion. OIII Orion I have yet to spend any time on orion with my OIII filter, but hope the sky clears in time to get some before next season.

#3 pfile

pfile

Gemini

• -----

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

yeah - the veil is good for both ha and oiii.

i think if you search astrobin or flickr for narrowband images you can get a sense of what DSOs are appropriate. i see a lot of narroband images of the heart/soul, rosette, veil nebulae...

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics