CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Philosophy of Patience. Hence the Astronomer

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Mike B

Mike B

Starstruck

• Loc: shake, rattle, & roll, CA

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Very well said, sir.
:ubetcha:

#27 galexand

galexand

Messenger

• Loc: Bloomington Indiana

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

In a nutshell, that's why I love astronomy. I am often impatient or hurried, but not at the EP. I go out to my in-laws, a fantastically "darker" site, and it is hardly worth it to me to set up a telescope even so, because I'm always on a time-line out there. I take the polluted city skies instead because I can sit under them for hours without noting the time.

On the other hand, this is really bumming me out about winter. It is so cloudy that I hardly have any observing nights, and when I do have one, it is always the race to get lined up before my extremities start to freeze. Not patience-inducing at all.

#28 cadfour

cadfour

Mariner 2

• Loc: Melbourne, Florida

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Has the sky cleared yet??? Has it gotten warmer yet???......Yes, i agree, we can be very patient. ;)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics