Which would you choose?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 orlyandico

orlyandico

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Singapore

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

i don't see how pempro would give a periodic error for DEC.... in any case i would not believe any figure of 2" p-p periodic error for any chinese mount. even the G11 can't get that.

#27 ky1duck

ky1duck

Vostok 1

• Loc: paducah,ky

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

i don't see how pempro would give a periodic error for DEC.... in any case i would not believe any figure of 2" p-p periodic error for any chinese mount. even the G11 can't get that.

i was not refering to the tracking error. i was talking about how close the polar scope get when setting up. and using pempro's polar align to see how close it was. sorry if i said it wrong. or confused anyone. my mount its self has a PE of 13 p-p using pempro and again sorry if i confused anyone.

robert

#28 HenryV1598

HenryV1598

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Houston

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

He's selling the iEQ45 because he picked up an EM-11, didn't need to carry that much weight, and didn't need the iOptron anymore. I have no concerns whatsoever that he's just trying to unload the mount.

Uncle Rod, what do you use to guide? I've tried several cameras, a few different guide scopes, and at least 4 different software options. Every single time, I get one of two problems: either very streaky stars or it starts beeping at me after a minute telling me its not guiding. I've tried bright stars, less bright stars and tinkering with the settings in advanced setup. I've tried it on two different CG-5's. I've tried running through the ST-4 port and through the hand control from the computer. I CAN control the scope, its not a lack of communication with the scope itself. But I cannot successfully get it to guide. I've updated everything I can update, and banged my head against it time after time. Any ideas what it would be otherwise?

If it was one mount, I'd be willing to say "bad mount", but two different ones behaving exactly the same? I've tried swapping out controllers between them, that's not it either. same problem on both sides. So I'm stumped as to where I could be going wrong.

#29 Erik30

Erik30

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Cottage Grove, MN

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Maybe the camera or pc? I was using the Orion Starshoot Auto guider and was running into the same issues. I uninstalled the camera drivers and reinstalled. No issues with now the CG-5 or my iEQ45. I run Windows 8 64-bit with it also.

#30 HenryV1598

HenryV1598

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Houston

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I've tried it on 3 different laptops: xp pro, vista, and 7 pro. I've used an atik 16c, a meade DSI III, a cheap meade cam that they used to bundle with a dept. store type scope (actually, not a horrible cam, better than the LPI), and an unbranded version of orion's starshoot solar system cam. I've also used a celestron NexGuide. I've used PHD most, but also tried a couple others that came highly recommended. No good. I've tried them through two different 80mm scopes and through a 50mm guide scope (the one orion sells to bundle with one of their autoguider cams). I have also tried it through the 8" OTA with the 80mm for imaging.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics