Photo

NEAF 2013 NEWEST KEYNOTE SPEAKER ADDED!!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RAC-INC

RAC-INC

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

The NEAF Team is thrilled to announce the addition of Cal-Tech's Dr. Michael Brown as one of this year’s keynote speakers.

Dr. Brown is professor of planetary astronomy at the California Institute of Technology. His research team has discovered many trans-Neptunian objects (TNOs), most notably in 2005, the dwarf planet Eris, the only known TNO to be more massive than Pluto. This discovery led to the “What qualifies as a planet?” controversy and the eventual down grading of Pluto to Dwarf Planet status by the International Astronomical Union (IAU) in 2006.

The subsequent uproar cast Dr. Brown into the headlines and led to numerous television appearances, science specials, magazine articles and landed him the nick name “The Pluto Killer.” Dr. Brown’s new book How I Killed Pluto and Why It Had It Coming will be the focus of his appearance at NEAF. Dr. Brown will speak on his research into TNO’s along with the discovery of 16 TNO objects, most notably Eris, and the resulting fallout from that discovery.

More speakers to come....so stay tuned.

RAC-INC!

#2 rkayakr

rkayakr

Messenger

• Loc: Northeast Ohio

Posted 10 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

Is there a schedule for there speakers? I can't find one online and I would like to schedule my time to hear some of the speakers.
Bob

#3 Fred1

Fred1

Vanguard

• Loc: Somewhere in the Orion Spur

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:09 PM

Is there a schedule for there speakers? I can't find one online and I would like to schedule my time to hear some of the speakers.
Bob

NEAF 2013 Schedule

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics