Help with a Ross corrector - please

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 mark1234

mark1234

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

John, there is one OPIC ccl for OSLO on that site with the link. Maybe give you idea of what they do.

Mark

#27 MKV

MKV

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

John, why don't you just add more wavelengths? In the upper right-hand corner, you have a small box with a right-handed arrow. Click on it to add more wavelengths.

#28 Ajohn

Ajohn

Mariner 2

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Thanks all. I have sorted the wavelength and loaded the opic ccl file. I appears to "achromatise" what ever is there and even out the aberrations - more a minimum circle of confusion approach. It could be very useful when things are close.

:rainbow: Yes I had missed that more wavelength could be added in the same way that more lines could be added to the main spread sheet.

Still some missing info though. Some files seem to show the effects of a central obstruction on both the mtf curve and the spot diagram. How? It would be nice to have it and be able to remove it.

I still haven't done anything with the slider call back function as an additional slider for moving the focus point about is fine so far. Other than getting a grip around the commands needed to reset and update a graphics window it shouldn't be difficult to do. Then if auf really does autofocus the right way it should work. With and without that would be best I suspect.

John
-

#29 MKV

MKV

Mercury-Atlas

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

John,you can autofocus anything at any time without sliders by simply right clicking on the Thickness category of your Surface Data spreadsheet, and choosing minimum OPD RMS polychromatic or whatever applies.

Likewise, central obstruction is easy to do. Just go to your Aperture category and right click and then choose X.

All this is covered in the manual and in the instructional articles and videos on the Internet. You'll have to do the rest of the homework. :)

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics