•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Labeling Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 njherr

njherr

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

So I realize this is a bit of a superficial question, but to be fair, I am relatively new at meteorite collecting (mostly micromounts at this point). Anyways, most of the meteorites labels are straight forward. However, I have a tiny sample of Dhofar 081 (lunar specimen), NWA 2626 (martian specimen) and tatahouine (possible connection to 4-vesta). As such, I was going to make placards for each of their origins but then I have the following options:

Lunar, Martian, Vestian (?)
or
Moon, Mars, Vesta

I prefer Lunar and Marian, but Vestian sounds... well... weird. and of course, Lunar, Martian and Vesta would look odd. Just curious of how anyone else has addressed this. :question:

#2 peter scherff

peter scherff

Messenger

• -----

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Hi Nick,

How about Vestal? If it was good enough for the virgins it should be good enough for our rocks. : )

Peter

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics