or do they just send to questar corp?
anyone dealt with them for service?

#2 Billydee

Billydee

Viking 1

• Loc: Winter Haven, FL

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

Daniel,

I was told a few years ago that Company 7 did their own service on Qs. You could send them an eMail and ask.

Why not just send it to Questar? They do a wonderful job and if a small part such as a spring, washer, screw, nut or logo decal is needed they have it in stock and replace it for free as part of the service. Company 7 must get these from Questar or replace them with non-Questar parts.

Luck, Bill

#3 daniel_h

daniel_h

Vanguard

• Loc: VIC, Australia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Response from company7 is
"Thank you for contacting Company Seven. We are a well regarded resource for the international professional astronomical, nature watching, and law enforcement/defense communities; we also serve the more demanding amateur and operate one of the finest of the last few remaining telescope specialty showrooms in the USA. We are the US and international agent for the Questar lines of Astronomical Instruments, Long Distance Microscopes and Surveillance Instruments."

Goes on to state they need to assess it then contact me re what they find

#4 Billydee

Billydee

Viking 1

• Loc: Winter Haven, FL

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Daniel,

The answer gives them an easy way to charge you and then send it to Questar if it needs a bunch of minor parts replacement. I would send it to Questar and let them assess it and do a cleaning.

I visited Questar in New Hope, PA and the cleaning is very interesting. It is a Questar in the bucket trick. They take it apart and put all the parts in a bucket and then do their thing. Mine took about one week to complete and it is beautiful. I think you would like their work.

Bill

#5 Brent

Brent

Mariner 2

• Loc: NE Missouri

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

My Questar had some minor problems new (a dirty prism, a messed up tripod mount on the base). Even though I purchased it new through Company 7, when I called them to see if they would service it, they told me to call Questar. Jim Reichert at Questar was wonderful to work with. I'd just call Questar directly.

Brent

#6 Michael Lomb

Michael Lomb

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: North Island New Zealand

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

When my 1978 year old Questar needing servicing about 18 months ago, I sent it to Company Seven directly after preliminary e-mails on what was needed and the costs. Just reading their web site is educational and very informative. They know their stuff and do it well. 

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics