7 replies to this topic

#1 Viv

Viv

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Tabuk , Saudi Arabia

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

Gday All

My first venture into solar apart from a white light filter i made awhile back, which is nice, but i have been longing for a HA scope after peering thru a PST last Sept.

So i decided on a PT Lunt 60mm single as my affordable scope and have just had my first Sun ( ? )with it, through my Panoptic 24 ( i bought this back to use with my ETX 125 )
an X-Cel 9mm and also my 6mm Delos.

I had a very enjoyable time (a bit too cloudy now) for about 30 mins or so. I bought the scope in Oz and lovingly carried her all the way back to Tabuk where i work.

So now i have decided that work get's in the way for solar viewing and sleeping get's in the way for admiring heavenly bodies !!!

I look forward to all the wonderful sight's the sun is going to show me.Somehow i have to find time for my bird photography as well.Life is so very nice and the beauty of nature never cease's to amaze me.

Viv

#2 rockethead26

rockethead26

Gemini

• Loc: Arizona, USA

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

Congrats on a fine scope. It took me years to finally decide to get a solar scope, but I'm glad I did. The only flaw in my thinking was this:

How many times have I seen beautifully clear skies during the day, only to cloud up at night and suck the wind out of a planned observing session. I thought, I'll get a solar scope to take advantage of those clear days. Hmmm, I've had the scope for about 2 months and it's seen the sun 4 times. Now I've cursed the daytime skies as well. :p

#3 jkaiser

jkaiser

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Wood River Junction, Rhode Island

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

Thats the curse for you.
I have the curse right now, I purchased a Zhumell Z10 and a celestron XLT102 and both arrived last week and we have had rain and snow and cloudy skies for the past week havent ried either of them yet....Its the curse...lol.

#4 Aquarist

Aquarist

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Illinois

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

Congrats on the scope! I would guess that you will have slightly more clear days than perfect nights. I love both the night sky and the sun!! Enjoy.

#5 PEterW

PEterW

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: SW London, UK

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Great news, great scope. You may want to try adding a camera to the back....

All the best, spread the solar observing bug!

Peter

#6 Viv

Viv

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

Thankyou all and yes i am thinking of a camera a bit later.I'll get the 60D on to it soon.

Pretty cloudy here at the moment, days and night's, but it will clear up soon enough i hope.

Kind Regards...Viv

#7 Matt Wastell

Matt Wastell

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Paddington, Brisbane, Australia

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Conrats on that super scope - a reckon a Ha 60mm scope is a must have!

#8 Viv

Viv

Sputnik

• -----

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

Gday Matt and thankyou

Nice pic's you have

Viv

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics