• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MAURITS

MAURITS

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Belgium

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

What is the best 2" Baader diagonal for the TOA- 150?
I will use it with single EP's.

Is it the "max bright" or something els?

Thanks! :waytogo:

#2 johnnyha

johnnyha

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Sherman Oaks, CA

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I would go with the Astro-Physics Maxbright. Whenever there is a "best diagonal" thread this is the consensus choice. I have one and it's excellent.

#3 R Botero

R Botero

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Kent, England

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

I've got the Baader Clicklock Maxbright and it's excellent :jump:. It has one of the shortest profiles in the market and that helps a lot when using binoviewers on refractors.

#4 Cabrillas

Cabrillas

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Madrid. Spain.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

Another vote for the Baader. Besides the outstanding optical qualities it's very well built. And last but not least, the Clicklock system is something to discover.

#5 DaveJ

DaveJ

Surveyor 1

• Loc: NE Ohio

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

I would go with the Astro-Physics Maxbright. Whenever there is a "best diagonal" thread this is the consensus choice. I have one and it's excellent.

+1 I've got two of the 2" versions of each of the diagonals mentioned thus far. The A-P Maxbright is my choice. The first time someone disassembles the Baader for mirror cleaning, comparison to the A-P will make the reason for my preference quite obvious. The A-P is a joy to disassemble/clean/reassemble, the Baader is amazingly annoying in this regard. I'll admit that the Clicklock is nice, but ease of cleaning trumps the Clicklock feature IMHO.

#6 zippeee

zippeee

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Alberta, Canada

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:31 AM

The first time someone disassembles the Baader for mirror cleaning, comparison to the A-P will make the reason for my preference quite obvious. The A-P is a joy to disassemble/clean/reassemble, the Baader is amazingly annoying in this regard. I'll admit that the Clicklock is nice, but ease of cleaning trumps the Clicklock feature IMHO.

I don't quite understand what's so hard about the clickLock. Mine comes apart in about a minute or so and goes back together just as easily.

Posted Image

For me, the ClickLock trumps all other features from any other diagonal. Thumbscrews just cant come close to it's convenience and security.

#7 tomcody

tomcody

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Titusville, Florida

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

+1
Rex

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics