My mods to my celesteron 102GT so far
Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:07 PM
Mods i have done so far to the scope
1) Fitted a SkyWatcher Electric Dual-Speed Auto-Focuser. I had to cut the left arm to fit this but this is by far the best mod i have done to the scope abit its now permanent. Pictured below is the Auto-Focuser.
2) Extended the Auto-Focuser cable to 20 meters.
3) Made my own Hand Controller to Bluetooth adapter and fitted a 100m Bluetooth adapter so it works with android or my PC remotely.
4) Added a Celestron Travel Scope 70 and rings to use as a star guider at a later date. Pictured below (the camera's were just set up like this for some testing) They are normally the other way around.
5) Using Dumb bells to hold down the mount 4 x 2.5Kgs weights.
6) Added a modded web camera for star tracking all though after testing i don't think its good enough and it need replacing with some thing much better.
Things to do.
Get another set of rings for the 70mm, Sort out a better star tracker camera, get some better eye peace's, get a better T2 adapter that will allow me to slide in some decent eye peace's. Add a USB over Bluetooth hub so i can use less wires.
Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:36 AM
Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:12 AM
BTW, if your altitude manual motion is too loose (and mine was), it is a simply matter of tightening down a nut you can see when you remove the OTA from the mount.
Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:07 AM
Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:14 PM
Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:08 PM