Color cameras

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yock1960

yock1960

Gemini

• Loc: (Mostly Cloudy) Ohio, USA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

I know most probably are using mono cameras, but for those who are using color, how do you process? Do you split you stack into RGB and process them individually and then re-combine?

Another question. Do you use the provided (if provided) IR filter or something 'better'? I started out with the filter provided with the ASI120MC, but have a Baader IR/UV cut filter that I think I will give a try. My images seem a little pale. I don't remember doing anything with white balance in my one and only session so far, so it was probably at the default. There doesn't seem to be a saturation adjustment in the driver either. Not sure if people ever used this setting with the SPC900NC driver. It seemed to help my Saturn images from being mostly red.

Steve

#2 wenjha

wenjha

Vendor

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: SuZhou China

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

the IR-CUT filter comes with the camera is similar with Baader's.Processing is easy just stack with AS!2 and wavelet then PS.no need to split and re-combine.
you can adjust the white balance to get a more color jupiter.AutoBW maybe a little pale
here is a BW setting:R 59 B 100
maybe you like it.

Attached Files

#3 yock1960

yock1960

Gemini

• Loc: (Mostly Cloudy) Ohio, USA

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Processing is easy just stack with AS!2 and wavelet then PS.no need to split and re-combine.
you can adjust the white balance to get a more color jupiter.AutoBW maybe a little pale
here is a BW setting:R 59 B 100
maybe you like it.

That's what I was thinking. I tried in the past with a OSC camera on DSO's. It didn't seem to add anything, but I wasn't very good at processing (even worse than now :grin:) then!

I will try those color settings when I get a chance. February is not one of the better months here! :(

Steve

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics