• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JMW

JMW

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Nevada

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

I wanted to piggy back my SV115T on my C11 EdgeHD and figured I needed one more weight so I ordered the 24 pound version. I have one 24, one 10, one 5 and two 18 pounds weights. I have some space to move the weights away from the center of gravity but I did a visual test last night and the setup is solid. The MaxGuider made it easy to align the 2nd scope with the first. It is quite apparent the effects of mirror flop. I would get the scopes perfectly aligned and then do a meridian flip. The SV115T would be well centered after the GOTO. The C11 EdgeHD would be about 1/2 of a field of way out of alignment with the other scope.

I hope to do some imaging tests soon but the setup seems to be solid and within the total specified load of 70 pounds. I have 75 pounds of counterweights attached. I can slide the weights over once I add the STT-8300m pro+ camera package to one of the scopes.

Here is a picture of my SV115T on a ADM MaxGuider adjustable piggyback on the C11 EdgeHD. It is in a roll away shed so I have room to walk around the mount. The back of the shed contains a desk and the shed acts as a shelter for me and my laptop when imaging.

Attached Files

#2 korborh

korborh

Viking 1

• Loc: Arizona

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Very nice setup Jeff!! That's a lot of counterweights.

#3 mmalik

mmalik

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: USA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

It is in a roll away shed so I have room to walk around the mount.

Unrelated question; could you share more details of your roll away shed, may be more/external pics, did you buy it or build it, cost, etc. Details will be appreciated. Thx

#4 johne

johne

Messenger

• Loc: Prescott, AZ.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

I use a roll-away shed and I think yours is a very clean/neat solution. Well done.

#5 JMW

JMW

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Nevada

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I had an CN observatory forum thread back from Spring 2012.

Here is a url.

http://tinyurl.com/bjyq387

I redid the wheels on the shed later. I went with 4 crank down wheels used on small boat trailers. I just unclip the lockdowns and turn each crank about 8 turns and push the shed back. I like that the wheels are larger, height is adjustable and they can swivel.

This is my first winter with the roll back shed. It's a pleasure to be able to setup or close up in about 10 minutes. I paid about $600 for the shed. Added additional internal wood framing for wind stress, wheels, etc... I put in a couple of 12 volt red/white switchable lights so I have permanent lighting in the shed.

The shed is my imaging shelter and desk when its rolled away from the pier.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics