•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Different scope on a CPC mount?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 watcher

watcher

Vanguard

• topic starter
  • Loc: St. Louis, MO

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

Just curious if anyone has done it before. I really would like to put my IM 715 MAK on one, somewhere down the road. I think the SE mount would probably work, but I just think the CPC is sturdier. It seems like it would be feasible, with just a couple adapters needing to be machined, but would like to hear anybodies experiences with different scopes.

TIA

#2 junomike

junomike

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: Ontario

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Joe, the CPC Mount will work, the SE Mount won't. My 6" AT6M (6" F12 Mak) was too long/heavy for the SE Mount. I'm contemplating doing the same thing with my IM 703 as I have the forks from a CPC800. The OTA would have to be slid into the forks as the clearance isn't enough to just "drop" It in.

What I'd recommend is finding a CPC1100 ForkMount (no OTA) and making a saddle holder with a Dovetail attachment for a variety of scopes as see here!
The CPC800 forks are about 0.25" larger then the OTA.

Mike

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics