February 2013 Challenge Entries (NGC2403)
Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:02 AM
Welcome to the Cloudy Nights Monthly Challenge Imaging Competition in CCD Imaging & Processing Forum:
This competition is intended to be a fun way for you to improve your imaging abilities and a way for you to see many new images with a variety of equipment. All imagers are welcome and encouraged to enter.
Each month a single object will be selected for the competition by the winner from 2 months previous. Having a one month delay allows voting and selection of the next object and will give a full month's time for entries.
The winner of each competition gets to choose the next object and their image will be included in the Hall of Fame message thread. There are no other prizes.
Please include your imaging details such as location, date, telescope, guiding, exposure time, etc with your submission.
1. Have fun! Support other contestants and be polite with your comments.
2. All entries must be captured within the same imaging season. For example, if the December target is the Orion Nebula, you must use images taken during the current winter, not any other year.
3. Image size is limited to 800x800 pixels and 200k in size.
4. Any equipment is allowed to be used in the images including rental equipment; with the only exception of DSLR, since we have another forum specifically for DSLR.
5. All image taking and processing must be done by your team, including equipment setup.
6. Each person may submit only 1 entry per month. However, you may edit your submission and replace the image with a newer one if you wish using the Edit function.
7. Winners will be selected by forum members, the one which receives the highest number of vote will be the winner.
Please submit your image in this thread, comment can be made in the same thread as well.
Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:07 PM
Luminance – 12x900s – 180 minutes – binned 1x1
RGB – 4x900s – 60 minutes each – binned 2x2
360 minutes total exposure – 6 hours
Imaged February 11th, 2013 at the Danville Conservation Area (New Florence, Missouri) with a SBIG ST-8300M on a 6” Astro-Tech AT6RC at f/9 1368mm.
See the link to the full size version below.
LRGB Full Size
Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:12 AM
Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:13 AM
Image acquired at my home in Williamson, AZ
Acquistion Dates: December 9,12,13,14 2012
Acquisition Equipment: ASA DDM85X-SL, AT12RC, ML8300m
Acuired at 2432mm FL F/8
All subs 10 minute unguided: LRGB 25x16x16x16
Processing: CCDStack, PixInsight, Photoshop CS5
Full resolution image available here
Thank you for looking.