First B33 with D5100
Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:30 PM
Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:05 PM
Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:57 PM
Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:42 AM
Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:52 AM
I framed it so that B33 was angled higher than normal as I wanted to see if the modded D5100 would bring out much of the detail below B33. When I processed I concentrated on bringing out that detail and as a result over processed the whole image. However, I must admit that I usually like images a bit over processed- even my daytime pictures. Probably stems from my psychedelic days in the 60's.
When I showed my wife - she usually just says thats nice and goes back to whatever she was doing - she said that it was gorgeous and we should hang it on the wall! So, while StarTools has some nice masking features that I could use to process the the different area seperately, I hesitate to make too many changes to the only image that my wife really told me that she loved.
Terry, I'm happy with my modded D5100 so far. I've been birding - going again today - and used it satisfactorily during the day using CWB. My problem has been the constant clouds that haven't allowed me to test it for AP. I did manage 2 images. The one you see here and I got some 5 minute images of M42. I haven't had a chance to process them yet but should over the next few days. That should give me a better idea.
Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:26 AM
If your wife is happy that is all that matters! They indulge our little "hobby"!
Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:27 PM
Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:57 PM
Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:24 PM
Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:32 PM
Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:56 PM