RACI finder compatibility on LX200

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 drbyyz

drbyyz

Ranger 4

• **---

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

I'm back with another question about my LX200, it's been at least a week! :jump: So I'm looking into buying a RACI finder to replace the stock finder that came with the scope years ago. It got dropped a few times and isn't in the best condition, plus I'm thinking the right angle thing will be much easier on my neck, especially with objects near the zenith. This is the model I'm currently looking at:

http://agenaastro.co...age-finder.html

So, my question is, will this fit into the rings that I already have? (Like I said, these are still the stock rings from the original 8x50 finder) Or do I need to buy a new set?

#2 drbyyz

drbyyz

Ranger 4

• **---

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

A quick picture of what's on there now if it helps. I can get a close up later if needed.

Attached Files

#3 neotesla

neotesla

Apollo

• Loc: Canada

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

I'd write and ask them what the outside diameter of the tube is. There is a picture in the listing you included that looks like the rings off a Meade, but like I already said check first.

#4 drbyyz

drbyyz

Ranger 4

• **---

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Update, I read in another thread on here that the Stellarvue 50mm RACI finder fits in standard Meade 8x50 LX200 rings. So that's a plus. It's a bit more expensive, but looks extremely nice. I think I just might have to spend the extra $60 and go with it.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics