September's Challenge Target - submit here.
Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:16 AM
1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest.
2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.
3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.
4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.
5.There will be a separate sticky thread for Contest entries . Please do not post comments in the entries thread its just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.
6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.
7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.
8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.
The rules can/will be tweaked each month as we figure out how this can be made a more enjoyable experience for everyone.
Please remember to leave the submissions thread clear of everything but your wonderful pictures!
Thanks and Good luck to all!
Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:36 AM
Location: Clifton Park, NY
Scope: Astro-tech AT72ED, AT2FF flattener
Mount: Celestron CGEM
Guiding: QHY5L-II Mono w/ AT111, PHd Guiding
Camera: Self-modded Canon T2i (550D)
Filter: Baader Ha 7nm
Capture: 10x600s subs at ISO 1600
Processed w/ DSS, PS6
Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:43 PM
Date: August 28, 29, and 30, 2013
Exposure: Ha: 6 hours (18x 20 min), ISO800, 12 Darks, 30 Flats, and 30 Flat darks; RGB: 6 hours 30 min (78x 5 min) ISO800, 18 scaled darks, 30 flats, and 20 bias
Telescope: 8" Skywatcher Newton @F/5 with MPCC and Baader 7 nm Ha-filter
Mount: NEQ6-pro, controled by EQmod/CdC, guided by QHY5/9x50 Finder Guider/PHD
Camera: Peltier-cooled Canon 350Da (TEC@10°C)
Location: Emmen, The Netherlands
More processing info on my website: IC1805 in HaRGB
Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:21 AM
Here is my go at the Heart:
Scope: Tair-3s lens (300 f/4.5 @ f/8)
Mount: iOptron ZEQ25 (first light!)
Guide: SSAG, 50mm finder, PHD
Camera: Canon XS/1000D (Baader UV/IR modified)
Software: BackyardEOS and PixInsight
Calibration: Darks, Flats, Flat-Darks, Bias
Exposure: 30x 480s (4 hours) @ ISO1600
When/Where: September 8th 2013, Gambier Island.
Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:18 AM