•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

My ETX-125 is more Grab-n-Go than ever !!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paraclete

Paraclete

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

I just wanted to tell everybody about how happy I am regarding a very useful product for my ETX.... The Starizona Power Pack.

It's great because I can now carry everything outside in just one trip. And once there, I don't have to concern myself with tripping over the battery cable. The Battery Pack is so light, that I was able to securely mount it directly onto the telescope with a small piece of velcro.

The very best part? After years of random slews, my telescope now stays on target for hours and hours! :grin: I was under the impression that I had to download a patch to get rid of those random slews, but apparently it was my old power supply that was at fault.

I feel as if my ETX-125 has been reborn! Truthfully, I wasn't using it all that much, but now that's all about to change. My ETX is performing at its peak potential. It's really a fun instrument, and I wish to thank Meade and Starizona for their products! :grin:

Attached Files

#2 Paraclete

Paraclete

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Close-up:

Attached Files

#3 Paraclete

Paraclete

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Last pic:

Attached Files

#4 wakk0

wakk0

Explorer 1

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Nice!! how long does it last?

#5 tomatohead

tomatohead

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

I've been "blowing the horn" for lithium supplies for quite a while.
The specs says what you have is a 8AH supply. Attached are pics of my 13.2 AH supply. IT'S ABOUT HALF THE SIZE and weight. And while it may not have a built in charger it a 12.6 volt charger is easy to make if you are a DYI guy.

#6 tomatohead

tomatohead

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Please see Weasner's site for photos when he updates his site.

#7 Paraclete

Paraclete

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for the responses guys!

how long does it last?

I had it out for 5 hours straight with no issues. Afterwards the battery recharged surprisingly quickly.

My ETX is truly Grab-n-Go. I don't think there are too many 5" Grab-n-Go, GoTo telescopes out there, that can deliver the views that the ETX can. What a telescope!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics