Photo

My ETX-125 is more Grab-n-Go than ever !!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Paraclete

Paraclete

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

I just wanted to tell everybody about how happy I am regarding a very useful product for my ETX.... The Starizona Power Pack.

It's great because I can now carry everything outside in just one trip. And once there, I don't have to concern myself with tripping over the battery cable. The Battery Pack is so light, that I was able to securely mount it directly onto the telescope with a small piece of velcro.

The very best part? After years of random slews, my telescope now stays on target for hours and hours! :grin: I was under the impression that I had to download a patch to get rid of those random slews, but apparently it was my old power supply that was at fault.

I feel as if my ETX-125 has been reborn! Truthfully, I wasn't using it all that much, but now that's all about to change. My ETX is performing at its peak potential. It's really a fun instrument, and I wish to thank Meade and Starizona for their products! :grin:

Attached Files

#2 Paraclete

Paraclete

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Close-up:

Attached Files

#3 Paraclete

Paraclete

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Last pic:

Attached Files

#4 wakk0

wakk0

Explorer 1

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Nice!! how long does it last?

#5 tomatohead

tomatohead

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

I've been "blowing the horn" for lithium supplies for quite a while.
The specs says what you have is a 8AH supply. Attached are pics of my 13.2 AH supply. IT'S ABOUT HALF THE SIZE and weight. And while it may not have a built in charger it a 12.6 volt charger is easy to make if you are a DYI guy.

#6 tomatohead

tomatohead

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Please see Weasner's site for photos when he updates his site.

#7 Paraclete

Paraclete

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

Thanks for the responses guys!

how long does it last?

I had it out for 5 hours straight with no issues. Afterwards the battery recharged surprisingly quickly.

My ETX is truly Grab-n-Go. I don't think there are too many 5" Grab-n-Go, GoTo telescopes out there, that can deliver the views that the ETX can. What a telescope!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics