• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 File099

File099

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Bulgaria, Sofia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hello from Bulgaria!Writes you a guy who deals with binoculars for more than 25 years time has changed more
than 40 optical instrument.10 days ago I bought a pair of binoculars in question. I paid 1770 for it lev equivalent
of just € 907. For a country like Bulgaria that is a huge amount! Average salary here only as long as 250 euros.
This is the most expensive optical devices I've had.Compared to other Russian binoculars that have this Zeiss seem small and useless. It is only at first glance. In fact, it has two unique qualities. These unique qualities lacking in Russian counterpart Baygish 12x45M. The first quality is incredible light transmission!It is so strong that I almost entered the hospital after two hours of observation of cloudy weather.My eyes lit up and gave me a headache. I have not ever had this case neither Russian nor Japanese, nor Bulgarian or Chinese binoculars.So carefully Zeiss binoculars during daylight observations!

The second important thing that I noticed with Zeiss 12x45 is that it does not blur the image of the stars at night.
For example, every Russian or Chinese binoculars gives slightly blurred image of a bright star or planet or lapma
street at night.Zeiss no such defect in the image.

I think your useful information. If you ask me what binoculars gave the best picture ever would immediately answer.Definitely not a Zeiss 12x45, but Carl Zeiss Jena 10x50 DEKAREM. I think no other binocular gives no better picture quality.

#2 Mark9473

Mark9473

Cosmos

• Loc: 51°N 4°E

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Welcome to the forum, File099. Sounds like you made a big step in quality there. I hope the headache in daytime viewing was from your enthousiams and not some alignment problem. ;)

Do you still have the Dekarem? Are you going to keep the Conquest if it isn't better than the Dekarem?

#3 File099

File099

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Bulgaria, Sofia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Welcome to the forum, File099. Sounds like you made a big step in quality there. I hope the headache in daytime viewing was from your enthousiams and not some alignment problem. ;)

Do you still have the Dekarem? Are you going to keep the Conquest if it isn't better than the Dekarem?

Thanks for the warm welcome to your forum. Really made great strides in quality. I looked through the Zeiss high in the mountains. It was night. The city saw indescribable!

Carl Zeiss 10x50 DEKAREM sold several years ago. He had a technical problem with the eyepieces. So I bought it so I sold it. I'll keep Zeiss 12x45 Conquest.

#4 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

• Loc: Lancashire UK

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Welcome to this forum, File !

I've looked through binoculars that to my eyes and mind, have seemed more impressive than the Zeiss Conquest 12 x 45, but none of them were made in Russia,China or Bulgaria!

Some of them were made in JAPAN,though :-)

Congratulations on your new bino !

Wishing you many happy hours / years of viewing pleasure.

Kenny

#5 ronharper

ronharper

Vanguard

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

Welcome from me, too, File099. It is encouraging to hear that binocular madness is alive and well in your part of the world. You have an impressive history with binoculars. I have owned only about 15.

My 10x56 FL is the best binocular that I have owned (I was just out with it tonight), but large and heavy. The 12x45 Conquest is lightweight and handy. Both FL and Conquest are very bright and well made. I love sharp star images, and Zeiss delivers. I appreciate the magnitude of your purchase and think you made an excellent choice.

Improved lens coatings have greatly increased light transmission in the last 40 years, but high design and build quality has been available for a long time, as you note regarding the Dekarem. I have an old Hensoldt 8x30 from that era that is also very well made and sharp. If you ever get a chance, try a 10x50 Fujinon FMT-SX. I'd like to know if the Dekarem can beat that!

Thank you for your report.
Ron

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics