• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rflinn68

rflinn68

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: Arkansas

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

I recently posted about the Siebert Optics multi-mag which is working great for me. I bought it used from Patrick here at cloudynights.

I was hesitant to purchase because he didnt really know for sure what he had. Patrick sent me some pics and I forwarded them on to Harry and he identified the product for me. Upon receiving the multi-mag I tested it with all 3 mags in my dob and it worked perfectly. When testing in the refractor there was one magnification I had an issue with (2X). Harry then helped me work out this issue.

I have yet to spend a dime with him and he has been extremely helpful. Harry is definitely an asset to the astro community and is sure to get my business when I'm ready for something else for my binoviewing. Great guy and a great company with quality products!

#2 nemesis256

nemesis256

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

Happy it worked out!

#3 Grandpa Jim

Grandpa Jim

old fogey

• Loc: GREAT AMERICAN DESERT

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

I have found Harry to be VERY helpful and knowledgeable.........

#4 dakota

dakota

Mariner 2

• Loc: SD (God's Country)

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

My dealings with Harry have all been positive. I can't say enough good things about Harry. :waytogo: :waytogo:

#5 rflinn68

rflinn68

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: Arkansas

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

I didnt have enough in-focus for the 2X mag to work in my refractor. Before we got it to work from his suggesting placing the lens' in front of the diagonal instead of in the binoviewer he was going to send me a 1 piece 2X mag to work serperately of the multi-mag...free of charge! Again, I bought this multi-mag used and havent spent a dime with him. Dont find customer service like this very often these days. He definitely has a life long customer here. I will probably be purchasing a 0.6X reducer for my SCT's and will get him to "supercharge" my William Optics BV'ers someday.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics