CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Sky watcher NEQ6 GT AZ polar scope led brightness

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 elbert

elbert

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: Limburg, Netherlands

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Overall I'm very pleased with my new mount. It's very stable Goto and autoguiding Work wel, periodic error seems small. There is ons problem: the led in the polar scope is way too bright. According to the synscan manual there should be an option 'polar scope led' in the utility functie. Menu. When I look for this it simply isn't there (I'm using firmware version 3.31). Anyone have a similar experience / solution?

Renards, Elbert

#2 hectar

hectar

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Did you try yahoo's EQMOD and EQ6 groups?. Apparently it could be done with older firmware (3.24?) or with some small patch to synscan..

#3 rigel123

rigel123

Voyager 1

• Loc: SW Ohio

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Check the Setup menu rather than Utilities. See if there is a choice for Handset Settings. There you should find the choice for dimming the PA Scope LED

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics