Photo

Now that have had the "new" C90 for awhile...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 moynihan

moynihan

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Lake Michigan Watershed

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

how you like it?
I would like to here from others like me who picked up one "post-Ting review". How are you using it? What is it mounted on?
Me: home grag and go, AT voyager mount with wood legs, zero power finder, astrozap dew shield. Moon, Jupiter, bright DSO's.
Lovin it.

#2 RodgerHouTex

RodgerHouTex

Apollo

• Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

I just received mine and used it Friday night. Worst spherical aberration I've ever seen. Coudn't even focus Saturn. It was fuzzy around the edges at 100X. I'm sure it's just a fluke. Will be returning it for exchange on Tuesday.

#3 314Sprout

314Sprout

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: San Diego

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Lovin' it. Had it out last night with the Hyperion Zoom looking at Jupiter, moon and some brigher Messier objects. It is my grab-n-go on a DSV-1, usually with an AT-72 on the other side.

#4 edwinh

edwinh

Vostok 1

• Loc: Chandler AZ

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yes is nice. I have mine on a stellarvue M2 + orion tripod - works very well for grab-n-go. Otherwise dual mounted with my refractor on cg5 for longer sessions.

For quick looks, I have a small pistol case with 24, 20, & 16mm meade 5k SWAs, a 10mm radian, and a barlow in it. the swa's especially just make for a great view in this thing. Like orion last night.

I kind of wish it grabbed a bit more light, but then it wouldn 't be so "light"...

Swapped the finder to a 6x30 I had laying around & a small RDF.

Only annoyance so far - how to reduce the internal reflections when a bright object is just outside of the FOV? I put a dew shield on the front but that didn't do it...

#5 azure1961p

azure1961p

Voyager 1

• Loc: USA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

A dew shield would t help if the flare of light is beaming down the side of the primary baffle . My c6 does it - I just live with it since its so great in other ways.

Pete

#6 sportsmed

sportsmed

Lift Off

• Loc: Hot Springs, AR

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

I have had mine for about 6 months or so and have enjoyed it. I bought it for a grab N go scope that I could use during the day, at the gun range, or doing some light astronomy. It gives great views of Lunar, Solar, and planetary. I have actually been thinking of stepping up to a 127mm Mak to get alittle better views for a grab N go.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics