CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Now that have had the "new" C90 for awhile...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 moynihan

moynihan

Vanguard

• -----
  • Loc: Lake Michigan Watershed

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

how you like it?
I would like to here from others like me who picked up one "post-Ting review". How are you using it? What is it mounted on?
Me: home grag and go, AT voyager mount with wood legs, zero power finder, astrozap dew shield. Moon, Jupiter, bright DSO's.
Lovin it.

#2 SandyHouTex

SandyHouTex

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Houston, Texas, USA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

I just received mine and used it Friday night. Worst spherical aberration I've ever seen. Coudn't even focus Saturn. It was fuzzy around the edges at 100X. I'm sure it's just a fluke. Will be returning it for exchange on Tuesday.

#3 314Sprout

314Sprout

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: San Diego

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Lovin' it. Had it out last night with the Hyperion Zoom looking at Jupiter, moon and some brigher Messier objects. It is my grab-n-go on a DSV-1, usually with an AT-72 on the other side.

#4 edwinh

edwinh

Vostok 1

• Loc: Chandler AZ

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Yes is nice. I have mine on a stellarvue M2 + orion tripod - works very well for grab-n-go. Otherwise dual mounted with my refractor on cg5 for longer sessions.

For quick looks, I have a small pistol case with 24, 20, & 16mm meade 5k SWAs, a 10mm radian, and a barlow in it. the swa's especially just make for a great view in this thing. Like orion last night.

I kind of wish it grabbed a bit more light, but then it wouldn 't be so "light"...

Swapped the finder to a 6x30 I had laying around & a small RDF.

Only annoyance so far - how to reduce the internal reflections when a bright object is just outside of the FOV? I put a dew shield on the front but that didn't do it...

#5 azure1961p

azure1961p

Voyager 1

• Loc: Triton

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

A dew shield would t help if the flare of light is beaming down the side of the primary baffle . My c6 does it - I just live with it since its so great in other ways.

Pete

#6 sportsmed

sportsmed

Lift Off

• Loc: Hot Springs, AR

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

I have had mine for about 6 months or so and have enjoyed it. I bought it for a grab N go scope that I could use during the day, at the gun range, or doing some light astronomy. It gives great views of Lunar, Solar, and planetary. I have actually been thinking of stepping up to a 127mm Mak to get alittle better views for a grab N go.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics