Photo

I've done it... with the wife's blessing :)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 Sean13

Sean13

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: North Platte, Nebraska

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:15 PM

BYE with multi camera support will be amazing. I've been thinking about picking up another 450D to do piggy back at the same time as prime imaging. Wonder how dithering is going to work if you were doing 2 different exposure lengths on one mount.

#27 ghataa

ghataa

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Central, NJ

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Two cameras at once is a great feature. Thanks Guylain!

Best,

George

#28 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors
  • Loc: Under the clouds!

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

BYE with multi camera support will be amazing. I've been thinking about picking up another 450D to do piggy back at the same time as prime imaging. Wonder how dithering is going to work if you were doing 2 different exposure lengths on one mount.

In 2.1 you will be able to start 2 instances of BYE and when more than one camera is connected you'll be able to select which one you want.

I opted for 2 instances (or more if you have x + 1 cameras) for simplicity but most of all for stability.

I do plan to have a _synch_ feature in the future but that won't be for 2.1 :( My plan is to have a way to identify a MASTER instance of BYE and one or more slave instances connected to other cameras. The master instance will trigger start/end sequence and will also be responsible for dithering while the slaves will simply wait for commands from the MASTER instance. Does this make sense?

Guylain

#29 ewave

ewave

Apollo

• Loc: northwest NJ

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Expect 6 months worth of clouds! Enjoy your booty :yay:

I'm now expecting 1 years worth of clouds (sorry Yorkshire) as my wife let me buy a 10 Micron 1000 HPS mount on Valentines day - 20 minute unguided with p2p error of 1/2 arc sec wooooooo. Arrives Tuesday :) :)

Tonk that was hilarious!
Well I hope you enjoy your new equipment. Now lets hope she doesn't change her mind. :lol:

Guylain...congrats and looking forward to hearing for more updates to BYE.

#30 Sean13

Sean13

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: North Platte, Nebraska

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

In 2.1 you will be able to start 2 instances of BYE and when more than one camera is connected you'll be able to select which one you want.

I opted for 2 instances (or more if you have x + 1 cameras) for simplicity but most of all for stability.

I do plan to have a _synch_ feature in the future but that won't be for 2.1 :( My plan is to have a way to identify a MASTER instance of BYE and one or more slave instances connected to other cameras. The master instance will trigger start/end sequence and will also be responsible for dithering while the slaves will simply wait for commands from the MASTER instance. Does this make sense?

Guylain

Makes perfect sense. I was thinking about all the possibilities after I asked the question and its the only reasonable way I can think of to making it work. Can't wait to see 2.1!

#31 zjc26138

zjc26138

Loved By All

• Loc: Mingo Junction, Ohio

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

Congrats on the new scopes Guylain!

#32 Hilmi

Hilmi

Soyuz

• Loc: Muscat, Sultanate of Oman

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Guylain,

When I read the title I couldn't help but laugh out loud. That's typically what a man would say when his wife gives him the green light to marry a second wife (just because our religion allows polygamy, doesn't mean you can get away with it, you've first got to survive a few flying dishes and maybe the odd glass or two).

Then again, with the amount of time I spend with my observatory I suspect she thinks I have a woman tucked away somewhere up there out of site.

#33 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Done it again.

I just placed an order for a Moonlite stepper motor focuser and a spare flange so I can use the one I already have for the EON 120mm. Both AT65 will have motorized focusers now.

No clear skies is sight though :(

Guylain

#34 guyroch

guyroch

Vendor (BackyardEOS)

• Vendors

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Guylain,

When I read the title I couldn't help but laugh out loud. That's typically what a man would say when his wife gives him the green light to marry a second wife (just because our religion allows polygamy, doesn't mean you can get away with it, you've first got to survive a few flying dishes and maybe the odd glass or two).

Then again, with the amount of time I spend with my observatory I suspect she thinks I have a woman tucked away somewhere up there out of site.

Ah Ha! I guess you returned the favor... I was laughing my brains out when I read your post too. Watch for those flying dishes :p

Guylain

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics