Photo

Congrats to srosenfraz - Feb13 Challenge Winner!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators
  • Loc: 26.06.08N, +80.23.08W

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

The subject: IC2118 (The Witch Head Nebula)!

The rules:

1. All entries must be captured within the same season as the contest. For example, if the subject was Orion Nebula, than any photo captured during this particular winter (or period that it was visible) would qualify for the contest.

2. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must be posted to and visible in the challenge submissions thread. A link to an off-site image without a version that is actually displayed in the Challenge submissions thread will not suffice and is subject to disqualification.

3. Images to be considered for entry to the Challenge must conform in all respects with the site wide image posting requirements. Entrants may elect to set this "entry image" up as a "clickable link" to a higher resolution image if they so desire, and entrants may also elect to instead provide a separate link to such an image if they so choose. If the entrant provides a legally sized and working "clickable link" as their "entry image", that "clickable link" will be included in the polling thread so that voters can examine the high resolution image before voting. However, any "entry images" displayed on the CN site that do not meet the file size and pixel dimension requirements will subject the entry to disqualification. Any questions on this rule? Just ask.

4. Please include the equipment used to take the image. Scope/Mount/Camera/Focal reducers/Barlows...whatever. Also include your location.

5.Please do not post comments in this thread it's just for these wonderful images you all will be submitting.

6. The equipment must be yours. Doesn't matter what it is. 20" RC, ETX70, 2" Tasco or an 8" TMB.

7. No collaborations. You must be the operator. You must setup, align, take the exposures and process them yourself. You can have help mounting that 26" RC if need be. No remote scope images. Unless you own that remote scope and have set it up aligned it and hooked your camera up. Then you can use it. No pay by the hour renta-scope images will be allowed.

8. Most importantly! Have fun. Support one another's efforts. As we all can learn from this and enjoy each others accomplishments.

...thats it.

The rules can/will be tweaked each month as we figure out how this can be made a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

Thanks and Good luck to all!

#2 srosenfraz

srosenfraz

Skylab

• Loc: United States

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Here's my entry:

Posted Image

High Resolution Version and more image information available at http://www.astronome....php?c=17&p=482

This image was made from 95 x 5 minute subs @ ISO 800 taken with a Gary Honis modified Canon 450D (Baader mod) using a Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM at f/3.5. Guiding was with an ONAG On-Axis Guider connected to a Celestron C-8, using a Lodestar Autoguider and PHd Guiding.

Thanks for looking!

#3 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:47 AM

srosenfraz wins! I'll fix the thread up and get the Hall of Fame entry done as soon as I can - in the meantime, what are we shooting in April?

Charlie

#4 rflinn68

rflinn68

Mercury-Atlas

• Moderators
  • Loc: Arkansas

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

Congrats on a beautiful image Scott!!

srosenfraz wins! I'll fix the thread up and get the Hall of Fame entry done as soon as I can - in the meantime, what are we shooting in April?

Charlie

April? Are we not shooting anything for March?

#5 Charlie Hein

Charlie Hein

Voyager 1

• Administrators

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

March's Target has already been chosen...

Charlie

#6 srosenfraz

srosenfraz

Skylab

• Loc: United States

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

Thank you - I guess its a bit more fun to win when there's some competition!

For April's Challenge - well, its galaxy season so it has to be a galaxy. I have a very challenging one I'd like to try - a colorful edge on spiral with some very, very faint tidal streams - NGC 5907.

Hope everyone enjoys imaging this one!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics