• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: SLC, UT

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I had put a cord extension on my original handset to make it longer (also able to hit the ground if dropped) :tonofbricks:. That happened a couple times prior to finding a case for it online. Well it kind of finally quit working. My new one is the NXS 5.21.2336 which should be compatible with my mount MC 5.07. But everytime I try it I have to enter time and date manually, is like it doesn't recognize GPS, but verified with old one GPS is good in that it goes right to alignment method. Am wondering if have to reflash handset and motor control? If this is normal for new version of HC? The Nextar site says the HC 5.21.*** is compatible with the MC 5.07??? Also after a shorttime last night it just refused to goto any other targets? I could enter them but it wouldn't move; tried direction keys and finally moved but when hit new target again it seemed to want to go to old one????? :question:

#2 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

PS, my old one is a NXS 4.21 version.............UPDATE,, I reset the new HC to factory settings, reset my slew limit for wedge and retried it.. All tho is daylight was able to align it and didn't ask time date etc. and seemed to perform GOTO's as advertised. Now just need to wait for clear night,, again :bawling: :bawling:,, more snow for tonight possibly and the 3.5 month long in-version continues,,UGGGHHHHH

#3 dragonslayer1

dragonslayer1

Apollo

• -----

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Last night was one rare night here where was able to pull scope out. Things worked great for a while but then when entered a go-to (star, ic, messier, etc) the scope would not move. I had to press a few times on enter button then would start to move then as soon as I let off the scope would stop, then repressing and holding enter button down was the only way it would continue moving???? It was 24* but have had it out in colder weather 10* and did not happen then... Jiggled all connections and no help, anyone ever encounter this before?
Thanks Kasey

#4 James Cunningham

James Cunningham

Gemini

• Loc: Maryland

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

When did the 5.21 update come out?

#5 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• ****-
  • Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

When did the 5.21 update come out?

Jim,

Just after the NexStar+ hand controllers hit the market - around March 2012. It was the first really stable release of code for that new hardware.

5.21 firmware is NOT compatible with your v4 hand controllers (you will never run v5.xx code on your v4 hardware) but as of right now gem or nxs 4.21 is functionally equivalent to 5.21 so you're really not missing anything other than the different menu organization, the new physical buttons and the slightly different display of the NexStar+ hand controller.

#6 James Cunningham

James Cunningham

Gemini

• Loc: Maryland

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

Thanks. I realized after I posted that it was talking about the + handset.
Jim

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics