• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 donnie3

donnie3

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: bartlesville oklahoma

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

i went in to my computer today and windows came up as mormal but when i click on explorer to get on line ,nothing so i clicked on a icon, nothing i could not even shout down the computer mormally,so i turned it off at the desktop button then turned it back on, a message came up stating to" start windows mornally or launch startup repair" so i lunched the startup repair, it went through a process then a clear blue screen came up with light rays coming down from the top of the screen then nothing. ive waited for 5 to 10 minutes and still nothing. any suggestions would really be appreciated. thanks, donnie

#2 Cliff Hipsher

Cliff Hipsher

Apollo

• ***--
  • Loc: North Chesterfield, VA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Do a cold start from power off.
Press F8.
Select Safe Mode.
Let the system come up.
Do a normal shut down.
Restart from power off.

#3 donnie3

donnie3

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

its a hp desktop running windows 7. i tryed cliffs suggestion and when i clicked on f8 it stated " loading files then down below it stated "please wait" it never came up. i had a very experienced preson come over and he tryed everything he could and even tryed to down load windows 7 cd and it would not load. sounds machanical to me. maybe its the mother board. he builds computers and said that these companies build the computers with the cheapest part possible. im about ready the junk it. ive got my laptop hooked up the my large manitor so ill probably be using it from now on. if anyone has some other suggestions please let me know. donnie

#4 Cliff Hipsher

Cliff Hipsher

Apollo

• ***--
  • Loc: North Chesterfield, VA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

Donnie:

Now we're getting some where. I had a very similar issue with a friend's HP m8300f desktop. I tracked it down to bad memory slots on the mother board.

Originally the system had 4 gigs of ram (4 1 gig sticks). After playing musical slots, the only way the PC would run is if I put memory in slots 0 and 3. If I put memory in slots 2 and/or 4, the PC pukes.

#5 okieav8r

okieav8r

I'd rather be flying!

• Administrators
  • Loc: Oklahoma!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Donnie:

Now we're getting some where. I had a very similar issue with a friend's HP m8300f desktop. I tracked it down to bad memory slots on the mother board.

Originally the system had 4 gigs of ram (4 1 gig sticks). After playing musical slots, the only way the PC would run is if I put memory in slots 0 and 3. If I put memory in slots 2 and/or 4, the PC pukes.

I've had that problem before too. Years ago, I built myself a new desktop computer. No matter what I did, I couldn't get the thing to run properly. After doing everything I could think of, I relented and took it to a repair shop. I found that the two memory cards, in slots 1 and 2, needed to be reconfigured so that they were in slots 3 and 4. I guess setting it up that way made sense to someone. :p

#6 donnie3

donnie3

Mercury-Atlas

• -----

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:17 PM

i tried putting the memory cards in different slots, nothing! if i took it to a repair shop lord only knows how much it would cost me so i just junked it and ill go from there. the dang thing is only about 2 1/2 years old. of course that may be the max in todays would. china junk!!!! GO POKES!!!!!!! BEAT KU. donnie

#7 okieav8r

okieav8r

I'd rather be flying!

• Administrators
  • Loc: Oklahoma!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

GO POKES!!!!!!! BEAT KU. donnie

:waytogo:

#8 RandallK

RandallK

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Nanaimo, B. C. Canada

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

I agree on the China junk. Simply poor quality control. I just ordered a new AV Surround System for my new 55" TV.
Two of the same brand and model AV units failed at some point in reading Blu-Ray discs. I am now on a 3rd unit, different brand and have only had 1 hiccup. Big box stores keep pressing for extended warranties and this shouldn't have to happen, but this is the real world and unfortunately it does. It doesn't seem to matter what brand or what item you buy. If it comes from "over there" then you get the luck of the draw. Quality control is simply by-passed. I guess that's part of the reason some of this stuff in fairly cheap. I'd rather pay more and have something that works and lasts for 5 or more years. Has anyone had such luck?

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics