Photo

Gstar Ex

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Atl

Atl

Viking 1

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

Does anyone know if myastroshop.com.au ships their Gstar cameras to the U.S.? Also is there a U.S. supplier for them?

#2 Dragon Man

Dragon Man

Vanguard

• Loc: Snake Valley, Australia

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

Steve from MyAstroShop ships them all over the world. No they don't have a U.S. dealer. :waytogo:
The only similar camera available in U.S. is the Orion which is a copy of the Gstar-Ex and costs more.

When you see the prices on Steve's website, you can subtract 10% from the prices because overseas residents don't have to pay 10% Australian GST tax.

#3 mattflastro

mattflastro

Vendor - Astrovideo Systems

• -----
  • Loc: Brevard County , FL

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Steve from MyAstroShop ships them all over the world. No they don't have a U.S. dealer. :waytogo:
The only similar camera available in U.S. is the Orion which is a copy of the Gstar-Ex and costs more.

When you see the prices on Steve's website, you can subtract 10% from the prices because overseas residents don't have to pay 10% Australian GST tax.

What Mintron models are they based on ?

#4 JAT Observatory

JAT Observatory

NOT a Wimp

• Loc: In the Primordial Soup

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

What Mintron models are they based on ?

The mono Gstar-EX is the Mintron 12V6, the color version is the 72S85HP-EX

I use my Gstar-EX as a wide angle finder so I see exactly where the mount is pointed and what the sky conditioning are like. It's now almost 7 years old. It still works but it now runs a bit hot.

Posted Image

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics