March 2013 Challenge Entries (Sharpless 224)
Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:42 PM
Welcome to the Cloudy Nights Monthly Challenge Imaging Competition in CCD Imaging & Processing Forum:
This competition is intended to be a fun way for you to improve your imaging abilities and a way for you to see many new images with a variety of equipment. All imagers are welcome and encouraged to enter.
Each month a single object will be selected for the competition by the winner from 2 months previous. Having a one month delay allows voting and selection of the next object and will give a full month's time for entries.
The winner of each competition gets to choose the next object and their image will be included in the Hall of Fame message thread. There are no other prizes.
Please include your imaging details such as location, date, telescope, guiding, exposure time, etc with your submission.
1. Have fun! Support other contestants and be polite with your comments.
2. All entries must be captured within the same imaging season. For example, if the December target is the Orion Nebula, you must use images taken during the current winter, not any other year.
3. Image size is limited to 800x800 pixels and 200k in size.
4. Any equipment is allowed to be used in the images including rental equipment; with the only exception of DSLR, since we have another forum specifically for DSLR.
5. All image taking and processing must be done by your team, including equipment setup.
6. Each person may submit only 1 entry per month. However, you may edit your submission and replace the image with a newer one if you wish using the Edit function.
7. Winners will be selected by forum members, the one which receives the highest number of vote will be the winner.
Please submit your image in this thread, comment can be made in the same thread as well.
Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:14 PM
Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:29 PM
Date: Imaged over five nights October - November, 2012
Location: Rancho Hidalgo, Animas, NM
H-alpha: 18 x 30 Minutes Binned 1x1
SII: 13 x 30 Minutes Binned 1x1
OIII: 16 x 30 Minutes Binned 1x1
Red: 12 x 10 Minutes Binned 1x1
Green: 12 x 10 Minutes Binned 1x1
Blue: 12 x 10 Minutes Binned 1x1
Equipment Used: Takahashi FSQ-106N on an Astro-Physics AP1200GTO mount. SBIG STL-6303E camera with FW8-STL filter wheel and Astrodon LRGB and narrowband filters. Robofocus focuser.
Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:06 AM
Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:40 AM
Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:20 PM