CPC landing pad

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 berobertsmd

berobertsmd

Vostok 1

• Loc: Brandon, Mississippi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

I have a CPC9.25 Always seem to have trouble lining up the upper unit onto the tripod. I saw ad for Starizona CPC landing pad. Any user comments or critiques much appreciated. Thanks-

#2 Stef

Stef

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Dubai, UAE

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

I bought one of these for my NS 9.25 GPS and think it is brilliant. Not an essential piece of kit, but sure makes life a little easier. The scope sits so securely on the mount, that on the odd occasion I forgot to attach the 3 locking bolts. Not something I'd recommend. High quality product too. Buy with full confidence.....

#3 Bob Griffiths

Bob Griffiths

Getting Grouchy

• Loc: Frederick Maryland

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

I Honestly do not know if the Landing pad would improve the CPC all that much...

It sure did with the older NSGPS scopes but the CPC scopes are a lot easier to place on the tripod ...I may be wrong but I'll wager that Starizonia has not sold a lot of them to CPC owners...

Having said that I only mounted my CPC1100 on its tripod twice..before I moved it into my observatory on a pier...

Bob G.

#4 jrs

jrs

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Matthews, NC 28104

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

I have one, and it is now in a box. I think it is easier without it.

Mine is for the 8" CDC-EdgeHD, not sure if it is different for a regular CPC

#5 doctomster

doctomster

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: North Carolina

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:55 PM

I bought one for my CPC 1100 and it works OK. You will still have to fiddle with the alignment of the 3 screws that draw down on the telescope base. Simply rotate the base until you feel and hear the holes and bolts line up. The nice thing about this unit is that it gives you some confidence that you aren't going to push this 65 pound sucker of the tripod!!!

#6 JoeR

JoeR

Apollo

• Loc: Columbus, OH

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

I really like mine however watch the cord wrap! I broke two cables on it when I was not paying attention to a long slew.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics