CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Can someone help me find the info?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 watcher

watcher

Vanguard

• Loc: St. Louis, MO

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

It's been quite a while since I hung out in this branch of the forums. I remember there was information for upgrading the software in the SLT mount to give it the full library of objects among other thing not "standard" with the SLT. I would have though that that kind of info would be a sticky, but I can't find any reference to it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

#2 Tel

Tel

Cosmos

• Loc: Wallingford England

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:02 AM

Hi Joe,

Making the assumption that your SLT is a 102SLT although this is probably relevant to the series as a whole, I'm not at all sure that this what you need, considering that the SLT already appears to have a database containing 37,981 objects, (according to the attached "Review" link) but for what they're worth perhaps these might help. (?) :idea:

http://www.nexstarsi...SLTFirmware.htm

and

http://www.nexstarsi...xStar102SLT.htm

(Note the specification reference to the database content in the latter).

If the above is of no use to you, please let us know.

Best regards,
Tel

#3 watcher

watcher

Vanguard

• Loc: St. Louis, MO

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

Thanks Tel.
That's what I was looking for. I remember something about the NXS being used for the SLT. But I thought the SLT database was 4000 objects, and the NXS download gave it the full Celestron catalog?

#4 Tel

Tel

Cosmos

• Loc: Wallingford England

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Glad to help, Joe !

Best regards,
Tel

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics