4 replies to this topic

#1 Bryan Greer

Bryan Greer

Vendor

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Worthington, OH (USA)

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: Protostar 63mm ULS Quartz secondary mirror. Drop-in replacement for 10" GSO/Synta Newtonians

The first batch of 63mm (2.48") ULS Quartz secondary mirrors is now in-stock. This is our first offering of a new product line of drop-in secondary mirror replacements for Asian-produced reflectors. The 63mm mirror fits most 10" f/4.7 Newtonians sold under the Orion, Celestron, Meade, Astro-Tech, Hardin, Zhumell, and other brands. The cost is $178.00, and the mirrors feature:

- CNC-shaped (not casted) fused silica glass. Harder fused silica permits a 10-5 scratch/dig surface finish for extremely high smoothness.
- Excellent surface flatness; 1/10th p-v is the minimum accuracy sold, but typical pieces considerably exceed this minimum spec. Each part is individually serialized and an interferometric test report is included. (Feel free to contact us in advance of your order to find out exactly what we have on hand.)
- Our usual very high quality metallic/dielectric hybrid coating (aluminum, TiO2, SiO2) yielding 96-98% reflectivity.
- Dimensionally identical to the 63mm mirrors supplied with the common 10" f/4.7 Newtonian telescopes produced by Guan Sheng Optical (GSO) and Synta Optical. This is a simple retro-fit which instantly improves 50% of the telescope's optical train.

Sincerely,
Bryan Greer

Protostar
http://www.fpi-protostar.com/

#2 SteveG

SteveG

Aurora

• Loc: Seattle, WA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Excellent! I'll be ordering one soon

#3 Ralph Steudtner

Ralph Steudtner

Vostok 1

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

Do you plan on offering these in 70mm for the 12 inch f/4.9 scopes as well?

#4 JimMo

JimMo

I'd Rather Do It Myself

• Loc: Under the SE Michigan lightdome

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hey Brian,

Long time since I was putting together my dob. It just so happens I'm starting a 10" ATM project this summer and one of these secondary mirrors is just the ticket and will be added to the parts list. I'll be calling.

Cheers, Jim Moscheck

#5 nevy

nevy

Viking 1

• Loc: UK

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Do you plan on offering these in 70mm for the 12 inch f/4.9 scopes as well?

That would be good , that's what I need!

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics