Craigslist,ebay and other vintage scope ads,
Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:10 AM
A few reminders :
1) do not post your own ads or the ads of your friends. This is considered sale promotion in the open forums and this is a violation of the CN TOS. Please post such ads in the S&S forum or the CNC.
2) do not post photos from ads unless you have the permission of the person who took the photo. If you must have some reference to the photo in the post, then post a link to the photo, not the photo itself.
3) do not post the entire ad text (or large blocks of it) without permission from the author.
4) try to concentrate on the item for sale and not the seller.
5) Buyer beware - there are some scams floating around, so do your homework before responding to any ad.
6) CN is in no way responsible for the content of these linked ads.
Best regards and clear skies.
Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:01 PM
It looks like a Polaris mount, but this pic is a bit small to tell for sure. An eyepiece and Barlow are included. Starting bid at $200, which is worth it*, reasonable shipping. These are nice little scopes!
*After the 'economic down turn' of 2008 I picked up two of these for $150 and under. Typically they've been selling in the $200-300 range in the past few years. So far they have not been afflicted in Unitronitis prices.
Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:23 PM
Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:35 PM
Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:20 AM
Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:20 AM
Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:13 AM
I spotted the fake Brandon a few days ago. Some pics are taken through a window! You can see the reflections. THATS not suspicious.......
Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:06 AM
Someone stated that Brandon made other scopes that did not have the Christen triplet. Maybe someone else here has information on this. Either way Phil has done another great job of stirring things up with that listing. I am sure some of you here have dealt with him. At one time he was morning star optics.
Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:45 AM
Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:52 PM
Hello, Yeah,there are no inscriptions on it,what so ever..it may be a Clone.. Altho, the guy who gave me this told me it was a Brandon ..Cheers~P.
Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:15 PM
Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:18 PM