3 replies to this topic

#1 AlaskaIsCold

AlaskaIsCold

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: San Diego, CA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hiya

So I have had this mount for a long while. I used it June and again in august then I put it in my storage room and let it sit. I pulled it out today Because I just got a telescope that can be used on it ( Before it was just used for cameras ) Anyway so I connected it up to StarbookS. and boot the controller/mount up like im suppose to. Once It asks me to go to scope mode. I say yes and then the entire mount slews to the west and it doesn't stop. pressing the DC buttons do nothing, hitting the east RA button does nothing. (I cut the power before the mount can damage itself) I have no idea whats wrong. and Vixen technical support wont help me. Does anyone have any idea whats going on? :( :confused:

#2 Bluejay08

Bluejay08

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

How about remove the OTA and try it again? Check the power source to make sure the mount has enough current.

Jay

#3 AlaskaIsCold

AlaskaIsCold

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

I took the OTA off, and put fresh batteries in both the starbookS and the mount, still no change.

#4 AlaskaIsCold

AlaskaIsCold

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:20 PM

What I have done So Far.

Exchange Batteries
Updated StarbookS

It doesn't start sewing until the point when the regular tracking is suppose to kick in.

...Maybe the contacts in the controller are dirty some how?

I figure if it was an issue with the motor it would start moving on its own without the controller and I figure I would be able to

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics