Photo

CGE PRO acting mad

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HowardK

HowardK

Apollo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:54 AM

My cge pro has been wonderful for the past 3-4 years..

Then out of the blue ast night after 4 hours of perfect behaviour i slewed to M104 low in the east and the RA axis slewed right over to its stop...which meant that one of the DEC clutch knobs got stuck on the DEC cable plug...anyways...

I cut the power and did a quick last alignment and now the mount finds its set position fine but seems to always insists on putting the RA axis all the way over to its stop on the 2 gotos i gave it......and it won't remember its Home Position...still wants to put the RA axis all the way over...

> What's going on!!!!????

#2 HowardK

HowardK

Apollo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:57 AM

Dave from the cge pro yahoo forum told me to do a factory reset which i did today...

Now she seems back to her good old self.....gotos without RA axis going right over to the stop position and hoe position being remembered fine.

Strange that she suddenly had a kind of meltdown
What could have caused this moment of madness?

Oh.......and after a factory reset do i need to retrain PEC again or s that information retained?

#3 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• ****-
  • Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Howard,

The factory settings reset has cleared out all of the stored user "inputted" data (date/time/location/DST), backlash settings, filter limits, and yes any PEC training.

This is actually the real benefit of this reset, it clears out any possible corrupted data and leaves only the "permanent" firmware. And no I don't know why the data sometimes gets corrupted ... but it does.

#4 HowardK

HowardK

Apollo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Thanks Mark

Will use PEC TOOL and retrain PEC

#5 mclewis1

mclewis1

Thread Killer

• ****-
  • Loc: New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

Howard,

That brings up a good point. It's a good idea to use something like PEC Tool to save the PEC training sessions. Along the same lines it's also useful to make note of any of the other settings you might change in the hand controller - the filter limits and any backlash settings. This way it's fast and simple to re create your preferred setup if you ever need to do another Factory Settings reset.

#6 HowardK

HowardK

Apollo

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yup

Its good that Pec tool saves my training session

#7 George P Dunham

George P Dunham

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Pinecliffe,CO USA

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:45 PM

This thread brings up a question for me. My CGE Pro and scope is 100% MAC OSX. Anyone know of a utility to download and save things like PEC and settings for a quick reload if reset is needed? As I remember PEC Tool is a PC utility. Sure would be a nifty cross platform gizzy.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics