• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Michal1

Michal1

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Czech Republic, Central Europe

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:11 PM

This is my first mosaic ever: NGC 7000 made of two tiles. I've always belived it must be a hard job to match the frames properly togerther when seeing Nightfly's mosaics. I found out it's even harder than I thought, so Nightfly has my great recognition for his several-plane mosiacs. However, I think the work was worth of the result, so this is definitely not the last mosaic I made.

The photos were taken in August 2012. The sky conditions were very nice, when I was taking the first plane. When the second plane was beeing exposed, the sky became grey as a thin layer of clouds came. Furthermore, the photographed field approached dangerously close to a source of light pollution. This frame indeed came out a little foggy. Fortunatelly, the calibration function of Registar worked well, so the colour matching of the two frames succeeded.

And the result is here:
Posted Image
Click on the photo for larger version. (0.5 and 2.2 Mpix)
Hi-Res version (15.6 Mpix)
The cut-out of the most interesting part in Hi-Res.
Pentax 6x7 camera, Takumar 400mm f/4 @ f/5.6, Kodak E200, both frames 55 min, Iron Man setup.

M.

#2 tuc

tuc

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

Very nice!

#3 Nightfly

Nightfly

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Dark Skies, Maine

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

This is a fabulous image Michal. A mosaic with that 400 is ambitious work. Very well done !

#4 THEPLOUGH

THEPLOUGH

ELEVEN Grandchildren; FIVE Ducklings

• Loc: Carlisle, Cumbria, ENGLAND

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

Great work... :bow: :like:

#5 Nebhunter

Nebhunter

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Frostbite Falls

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

That's a great one Michal - actually a great two. Exposure looks good - did you push at all?

Igor

#6 Nebhunter

Nebhunter

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: Frostbite Falls

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:46 PM

Jim the 400 Tak at 5.6 seems to be showing everything the EDIF version does as far as sharpness and star colours. Maybe different for daytime landscape but for astro - looks darn good to me.

There is a smudge which I find in the hi-rez cropped version on Michal's frame that I've found on mine as well but never tried to identify it. Lower left side looks like a smudged V near the border.

igor

#7 Michal1

Michal1

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Czech Republic, Central Europe

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

Thank you all!

Igor, it is developed normaly - no pushing. The left side is actually the left side of one of the fames. The right side was cut to make the composite rectangular. How about the chromatic aberration of your EDIF version of the lens? I guess it should be much better in this regard. I faded the blue and red fringes in this image by desaturation in PS.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics