2 Sir Moore's and a Cloudy Nights shirt

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 smallscopefanLeo

smallscopefanLeo

Ranger 4

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Not a bad haul for today, eh! :p

Now I can properly 'honour' Sir Patrick Moore with plenty of reading.
(And indeed I will continue to get even more of his tomes- about every planet, and Luna, and Sol, and other topics for a rainy day.)

And.. on the fabric front here, those 3+ moons of waiting and the numerous attempts at establishing contact after the payment and order were submitted :whistle: ... have all been made worth it, for at last I can properly sport my Cloudy Nights pride:rockon:

Attached Files

#2 SusanY

SusanY

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: Cape Town, South Africa

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

That's an excellent haul for today! And a great way to honour Sir Patrick Moore. You've inspired me to do the same. I miss him.

#3 smallscopefanLeo

smallscopefanLeo

Ranger 4

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

That's an excellent haul for today! And a great way to honour Sir Patrick Moore. You've inspired me to do the same. I miss him.

Bobong, thanks, and I am glad to hear that! Any bibliophile Cloudy Nighter is not yet complete without a selection of Sir Moore's in their personal library, I am now convinced. :p

As a matter of fact.. I recently added one more to the fray :grin:
(and, being a lunaholic and all, I positively LOVE this one so far :love:)

Thank you kindly Sir Moore!!

Attached Files

#4 RocketScientist

RocketScientist

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: California (East Bay area)

Posted 17 March 2013 - 07:16 PM

As a matter of fact.. I recently added one more to the fray :grin: (and, being a lunaholic and all, I positively LOVE this one so far :love:)

This is one of my favorites. I first read it back in high school, and more recently bought my own used copy. Frankly, this one is more interesting that his later version of the same book, because in the older version (1970's) he talks extensively about the volcanic theory of crater formation vs. the impact theory. Today the impact theory is firmly accepted by all, but the Moore's older book gives you a perspective on the history and how a volcanic proponent viewed both.

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics