CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Economical, but STABLE GrabnGo for SV 90T Raptor?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RobM

RobM

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

Got a gently used SV90T Raptor APO and need a economical, but stable, mount for visual only. Would like it lightweight, as I have a bad back. Suggestions....comments....ad hoc abuse? :jump:

#2 Binojunky

Binojunky

Gemini

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

All lightweight mounts are a compromise, I use a Porta Mount but with the stock aluminum legs I found it tended to jiggle, so these were replaced with wooden ones, a big improvement however at the cost of weight,DA.

#3 Binojunky

Binojunky

Gemini

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

PS, whats wrong with the Gibraltar, I would have thought it was ideal for your use??,DA.

#4 RobM

RobM

Vostok 1

• -----

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

BTW, no longer have the Gibraltar....sold 2 years ago. That plus the AT90EDT PLUS THE TV Gibraltar + 2" diagonal was heavy.

#5 core

core

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Mostly in Norman, OK

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

If you're handy with some woodworking, head on over to the ATM forum and checkout the following thread -cheap alt az mount

There's also this Easy Alt/Az Mount Modification (on second thots this would be under-mounted for your SV90)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics