CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

If you love something, set it free...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chuck Hards

Chuck Hards

Fly Me to the Moon

• Moderators
  • Loc: The Great Basin

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

...If it comes back to you, it's yours.

Several years ago I sold a kit to a local guy for a 6" f/10 Dob/Newt. I worked with his buddy, whom I coached through a 6" f/8 Dob and a 10" f/6 Dob, and he got interested after seeing what his buddy made. The kit consisted of a finished, aluminized mirror, secondary, R&P focuser, 8" aluminum tube, cell, and plans for a Dob base including Teflon bearings, pre-cut and drilled.

I just bought it all back from him for half of what he paid me. :cool:

He decided to go with commercial equipment, exclusively, due to the time demands of being a dad with a young, growing family. (It happens.)

Works for me, my kid is all grown-up and I've got lots of time.

Anybody else ever sell or give away optics or hardware, and have it find it's way back home eventually?

#2 palmer570

palmer570

Vostok 1

• Loc: Scranton, Pennsylvania

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:33 PM

I sold my first scope, c5 sct, for real cheap to someone I used to work with. Soon after I wished I kept it for quick setup/viewing sessions.

Now that I'm thinking of moddifying my 8SE I really wish I kept it to use as a guinea pig and I've been hinting to him that he should sell it back to me being that he never used it yet.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Reviews

Imaging/Sketching Contest

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics